Thursday, November 17, 2011

Carter's Thanksgiving Program, 2011.

Yesterday, David, Story, and I had the privilege to attend Carter's Thanksgiving program at his school. Having been a teacher for a while, I am used to being on the other side, helping the children get ready, putting together costumes, rehearsing, etc.  It is a totally different ballgame to participate as a mommy, what a gift!  Oh, how I loved watching that sweet, sweet boy sing praise to God and recite his Bible memory verses.  
Can you spot him?  I wonder if his teacher is a Twilight fan, ha!  Well, you can't see his entire Indian name, but it's New Moon.  
This is one of my favorites.  Story did so well, probably because her daddy was there.  Did I mention she is a fool for her daddy?  Oh my.  She spotted Carter right away, and she loved listening to him sing.  A few times we caught her dancing in the aisles, ha!  
He was so focused and paid such close attention to the music teacher.  
I didn't have the best angle, but this is most of his class.  
Our precious fella again.  I can't remember all the songs they sang, but a few were Jesus Loves Me, God is So Good, Thanksgiving Day is a Happy Day, Praise Ye the Lord, I'm Thankful for the USA, If You're Happy and You Know It, and a couple more that I just can't recall, I think they were about turkeys.  
They recited Psalm 100 and their Bible verses from A-I, from the video I posted the other day.  
Another group shot.  
At the end, they were given a chance to wave at us, look at that precious smile.  
Carter, Mommy and Daddy loved attending your Thanksgiving program at school.  We are so proud of you for all of your hard work.  Oh, how thankful we are for you, sweet boy!

No comments: