Saturday, November 19, 2011

Summer and Tilly's Thanksgiving Program, 2011.

Yesterday, Summer and Tilly had their Thanksgiving program at PCS preschool.  They have been so excited about singing for Mommy and Daddy, Summer especially has been talking of this for weeks.  
Here we are the morning of, not wanting to cooperate for Mommy's picture time.  I made their costumes; it took me most of Thursday afternoon, ha!  And I'm right proud of how they turned out.  I can say that on my blog, right?  
I forgot my big zoom lens, and I am still just sick about it.  I got there 30 minutes early with Story in tow, so our seats were the best I could swing, and we still weren't close enough for a great shot.  Those of you who know me well know I'm just not that mom who will prance up the aisles in front of everyone for the sake of a good picture.  Some days I wish I were that mom, though!
Tilly and Summer both spotted us right away, so sweet to see their little faces light up when they catch our eyes.  Tilly shouted out, "There's my daddy!"  So cute!  Can you see her little smile on the front row?  I made them a headband (or a crown as they called it), but she didn't want to wear hers, I guess.  
I loved watching Summer sing, with all of her heart.  She knew every word, every motion, it was just the sweetest thing to see.  
Tilly did really well too, right up until the end, and then I think she realized just how many people were in the sanctuary!  
After the program, they had a feast for all the little people.  
Tilly all smiles for her daddy.  
You can't tell from this picture, but Story put a hurting on that brownie.  She may or may not have had more than one.  Brownies are her favorite.  
The teachers did such a great job with the table decorations.  You can tell they have really been working hard over the last few weeks putting all of this together.  
Handsome Daddy with his two big girls.  Everyone at the reception talked about how much the girls favor their daddy, except the little one.  I get to claim her!
Oh, how they love their daddy, especially that little one.  His arms are full of love, don't you think?  
I got a turn with Summer and Tilly.
Girls, we are so proud of you for working hard to learn your songs and Bible verses.  We loved watching you perform with your classes today.  During this season of Thanksgiving, Daddy and I sure are thankful for the four of you.  Our arms and our hearts are full, indeed.  

No comments: