Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A mugging we will go.

Halloween was a bit different for us this year, and we loved it.  The children and I met David at the church a little after 4:00, so we could mug our neighbors!  I know, it sounds crazy, but let me explain.  
Our little butterfly princess, Tilly!
Rapunzel aka Summer, Buzz aka Carter, and Butterfly Tilly all ready to go mugging. 
About 40 volunteers from our church, handed out over 350 coffee mugs with information about our church and candy to our neighbors.  It's about the only time of year when people willingly open their doors.  The children have never been trick or treating before, so we just explained to them that we were going to knock on doors and give mugs to our neighbors.  Boy were our neighbors surprised when we gave them a treat!  And boy were the children surprised when some of the people handed them candy.  Once Carter shouted, "Daddy!  They gave us candy, too!"  So cute!  
I love that ministry encircles our lives, and I love that we are able to participate with our children in sharing God's love with our neighbors.  
Have you ever seen such cute muggers?  I think not!

No comments: