Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thank you, Pinterest.

I don't remember exactly when I succumbed to the temptation that is Pinterest, sometime after seeing fun things my friends were posting on facebook and sometime before we moved to Mississippi.  Are you pinning?  If not, you need to be!  You can check out my boards here, and if you like I can send you an invitation to pin, just let me know!  If you are already on this great site, let me know so I can follow you.  It's something else.  I have seen so many things I love, so many things I want to do, so many things I think I can do.  After months of pinning, but not trying anything, I got to thinking that I should probably try out some of these pins.  I have not captured on film all of my attempts, but here are some recent big hits at our house.  
I love green beans, love them.  They get kind of boring though, and the ones in the can just aren't as good as the real thing.  The same goes for the ones in the freezer.  So, at a recommendation on Pinterest, I tried roasted green beans, and they were heavenly.  I think they could have cooked a while longer, but we were hungry and ready to eat, ha!  
Next, I tried a recipe with only two ingredients, that's right, two!  Cake mix and a can of pumpkin.  
I recently bought a mini muffin tin at a Pampered Chef party, so I used it for my pumpkin muffins.  They were so great!  Even my somewhat picky husband liked them.  The children loved them!
Another recent favorite, cake mix cookies.  I used a chocolate cake mix first and later a yellow cake mix.  Both turned out great!  
Here's the finished product on the chocolate ones.  They look so pretty on this platter, don't you think?  My grandmother gave it to me, so it's extra special!
The last dish I have pictures of is a cranberry dip I made for Thanksgiving.  It's a cranberry relish over cream cheese served with crackers.  Spicy and yummy!  
Lastly, the Pinterest find that has changed my world.  The south Mississippi climate does not entirely agree with my hair, that and the fact that I'm badly in need of a cut, ha!  So, I have been wearing my hair up.  A lot.  While I am bumming around the house, it's no big deal, but for church I like for it to look nice.  I am loving the sock bun!  It's so easy and looks so nice, classy, I think.  In the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, I am excited about making some gifts for friends and family based on ideas found on Pinterest.  I will be sure to update!  So, if you haven't checked out this amazing site, you are certainly missing out.  Give it a try.  You are sure to love it!

No comments: