Monday, October 01, 2012

Georgia came to town.

This past weekend, my sweet friend from Georgia, Tricia, along with her daughter, Emily, came to check out our new town.  I tell people when I met Tricia, it was love at first sight.  Do you know how it is when you meet a friend, and you just know that you will be friends for always?  Tricia and Emily visited our church in Georgia about 3 1/2 years ago, and we became fast friends.  She's an exercise instructor and fabulous runner, so she has been a great encouragement to me in my exercise endeavors.  
I loved having this girl spend the weekend with us, what a treat!
Tricia can french braid, so she spent lots of time braiding the girls' hair.  

I probably should have had her teach me, but I didn't!  Maybe next time.  

Tricia and Emily arrived Friday evening just in time for supper.  The children had the most fun playing together.  


Saturday morning, we went to a women's brunch at church, which was a lot of fun.  I am sad I didn't have David take our picture, so I'm just sharing all the ones we took Sunday from my phone.  
Saturday evening, we watched the dawgs play and heard Rocky Top entirely too much for a lifetime.  We'll take the W even though it wasn't as glamourous as some.  

Sunday was church.  I loved having Tricia at church and introducing her to our church family.  

Thank you, Tricia and Emily for spending the weekend with our family!  We loved having y'all!

Love the kiddos.  When Tricia and I met, Tilly was not even a year old, so it's been fun to watch our children grow up together and our family grow over the last few years.  


It was so refreshing to spend time with a girl friend.  It doesn't happen very often, but I just love it when Georgia comes to town!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: