Thursday, October 25, 2012

SMTTT Homecoming, 2012.

This past weekend marks the first time we have done an annual event for the second time!  Did you get all that?  About this time last year, our family had just arrived in Hattiesburg, and we attended the USM Homecoming parade together.  We parked behind the library, being the rookies that we were, and walked across the street to see what we could see.  This year, we felt more confident in our parade skills, so we maneuvered our way downtown and found the perfect place to watch.  
My children love parades!  Mostly for the candy and beads, but we like the music, the cheerleaders, and the excitement that comes with it, too.  Parades were a big part of my childhood (Kiwanis Fair Parade in my hometown and the St. Patrick's parade in Savannah), so I love it that I'm getting to share similar memories with our children.  
Here are the big 3.  Story was still in the back of the car, not sure if she was ready to venture out yet! At the beginning of the parade, Miss USM stopped right in front of us (of course I didn't think to take a picture).  She was so sweet to talk to the children. Carter asked me if she was a princess!  So cute!  She looked like one in her sparkly golden gown!
There's Seymour at the top of the fire truck!
That afternoon we met up with some of our church family to tailgate before the game.  We dined on red beans and rice while the children enjoyed playing with their friends.  I sure do love these memories we are making in our town.  It is really starting to feel more and more like home.  

No comments: