Friday, October 19, 2012

Georgia on my mind.

This past week, our family was able to spend some time in Georgia.  David was invited to preach at a fall revival at Fairview Baptist Church, just outside Rome, so we decided to make it a little vacation for the whole family.  What a treat!  Each day was full of fun and adventure, so I will take a few posts to get it done.  We left Friday at noon and headed East.  On the way to our destination, we stopped in Gadsden, Alabama, to eat supper with some friends from seminary, the Lancasters.  Oh how we love this family.  They were our neighbors for the two years we were in New Orleans, and they just mean the world to our family.  I am SO sad that I did not take a single picture of our two families together.  Our time together was much too short, but my heart sure was full from seeing them.  Not long after our supper visit, we arrived at Berry College, which would be our home for the week, Mohawk cabin to be exact.  We loved the idea of spending a week in a cabin.  Here are some pictures of where we spent the week.  The weather could not have been more perfect!
 The campus of Berry College is just beautiful.  David tells me it's the largest college campus in the nation, at 40,000+ acres.  Lots of people were taking family pictures while we were there.
 I love to see the bright colors of the leaves as they change with the seasons.  We drove all over the North Georgia mountains during our visit, and the view was just breath-taking!
 By far our favorite thing about Berry was the deer.  They were everywhere.  As we were pulling onto campus the first evening, we were amazed by how many deer there were.  Carter said, "Daddy, did you pack your gun?"  A boy after his daddy's own heart, ha!
The deer on the campus are obviously protected, and they are quite tame, too.  You can see how close we were able to get.  I have a couple of pictures on my phone that were even closer!
Look how close!  Carter has been learning about the history of Mississippi, which is just strange to me. I think I always thought my children would learn about Georgia, ha!  Every time we saw these deer, he would say, "Look girls, those are white-tailed deer!"
One of my favorite pictures I took on campus.  So pretty.  I am so thankful for the week we were able to spend together at such a beautiful place.  It was so good to be back in Georgia, but it's even better to be home with my little family.  

No comments: