Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mary, Mary quite contrary,

How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
and pretty maids all in a row.


Well, maybe not quite silver bells and cockle shells, but our garden is growing, and we are so excited. David and Mr. Jonathan planted our garden a week ago Friday, and it is growing nicely. The mix of rain and sunshine has been a great help as well. To be honest, I can't remember what all we planted, but I was definitely wrong in my earlier post. Apparently, we are growing certain things now, and we will plant the other items later in the summer. I do know for certain we are growing several kinds of lettuce, onions, carrots, broccoli, potatoes, and (the thing I am most excited about) strawberries!

1 comment:

thehollandfamily said...

Well we have not planted ours yet. We are about 1 month behind ya'll to plant but we did get chickens at our house. Yuck! Even if I am not happy about them the girls are. We have twelve. They are biddies. I am getting ready to plant a garden. I did buy herbs to grow for the first time. I heard they are pretty easy. Hope to see you guys soon. love you