Friday, July 23, 2010

Chapter 7 Home in Marmaduke

Now, where was I? Oh, yes. We are truly on the last leg of our journey home. As you remember, during our time in Marmaduke, we stayed with this precious family.
The Longs.
I told David there was only one person I really had to see while I was in Marmaduke, and that would be this sweet lady.
Miss Bonnie!
I moved to Marmaduke 6 months before David and I married, just to be sure since we had never lived in the same town before. During that time, I moved into the pink bedroom in Miss Bonnie's house. Miss Bonnie is mother to Miss Lana, Brother Kim's wife. Brother Kim was and still is the pastor at Marmaduke First Baptist Church, where David served as a youth pastor for 3 years. I enjoyed my time with this sweet lady so very much. She was just like another grandmother to me, still is. I am so thankful I was able to spend a portion of an afternoon with her. She was more than happy to hold little Miss Story too! Thankfully, I had my camera on hand to capture the sweet moment.
Sunday morning and evening David preached at MFBC. For lunch on Sunday, we went to eat at the Grecian in Paragould. It is a favorite of David and Brother Kim's. Sunday night at church, I stayed in the nursery with my children, but it wasn't long before we were joined by many more little people. My children had so much fun with their new friends.
Snack time at church!My sweet friend, Nikki holding Story. I met Nikki the very first time I met David, in Charleston, SC, at MFUGE, ten years ago this summer in fact. She befriended me during our courtship. In fact, she and her husband, Shane, drove many hours to South GA to be at our wedding. AND during our honeymoon, Nikki and her sister, Lorie cleaned our house from top to bottom to make sure it was suitable for a new bride! I will never forget that. Nikki's daughter, Heidi, holding Story. Heidi was such a sweet friend to Carter, Summer, and Tilly during our visit. She showed them the ropes at the swimming pool. In fact, since our time in Marmaduke, Carter's swimming had greatly improved. I think it helped him to see some older friends swimming bravely.
Sunday night after church, our MFBC family gathered together at the Long's house for some yummy food and sweet fellowship. What a precious time this was for our family!
April and Ashley, were actually in David's youth group just before I moved to Marmaduke. Since then, they have graduated college, married, and April has two children of her own. It was so great to see them and catch up.
All of the children on the couch, minus Summer. She was having a "moment!"
Making funny faces!
Brother Kim and Miss Lana with their youngest grandson, Foster. They are expecting two new grand babies later this year, Noah and Amelia from daughters Melani and Lindsey.
I don't think that David nor I ever dreamed how very sweet our visit here would be. It was so bittersweet to leave this place, our first home together as husband and wife.
Carter and Summer are all tuckered out from all of our travels.
And Tilly's tear stained cheeks say it all. We were so very sad to leave this precious place. Marmaduke truly does hold a special, special place in our hearts, and we hold the precious people there even more dear. Now, we are home, and are trying to return to life as normal, but for the time being our hearts are missing Arkansas, along with our family and friends who remain. We look forward to the day when we will meet again. Until then, it is good to be home.

No comments: