Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tilly update

Those of you who know us well know Tilly's story. When I was 36 weeks pregnant with her, I went in for a routine check and our midwife had trouble finding the heartbeat. So, just to be safe, she scheduled me for an ultrasound. During the ultrasound, it was discovered that Tilly had a cyst on her right ovary. Sometime in utero, the cyst turned on itself causing a torsion. As a result, Tilly lost her right ovary and fallopian tube when she was 3 months old. You can read more about her story here, here, and here. Last May we went for a follow-up ultrasound, where we learned that there was a small cyst on her left ovary as well. For the last year, we have been waiting and praying for complete healing in her little body. I read so many mommy blogs of parents who are going through so much worse, but in our little world this feels so big and scary. This past Friday, I took Tilly back to Scottish Rite for a follow up, as it had been over a year since our last ultrasound. We were supposed to go in May, but we welcomed little Miss Story into our family in May, so it got pushed back. It was much harder to keep Tilly still this time around, ha! The techs doing her scan pulled out lots of tricks though. After the scan, I was told that I would hear from my doctor on Monday the results. Side note - never schedule an appointment such as this on a Friday because you will just worry and wonder all weekend. For us, it was even longer because our doctor was out of town until Wednesday. However, it was well worth the wait because he had great news to share! Tilly does still have the cyst on her ovary; it is called a simple cyst. The great news is that it has gotten SMALLER, measuring .25 inches. Tilly received a glowing report and was dismissed from Dr. B's care forever! I cannot describe the relief in my mommy heart upon hearing this news! Thank you, Lord for the work you are doing in our little girl's body. We pray it will continue until she is perfected in You.


2 comments:

The Riddle's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Riddle's said...

I didn't know about Tilly. So glad she is okay!!