Monday, July 12, 2010

Home

This simple, four-letter word means so many different things for so many of us. I have learned in my life that home is not so much a place, but the people who go with you along the way. Home for David and me has become so many places, as we have lived in 5 different states during our soon to be 9 years of marriage. David and I, along with our four sweet children, have been on a journey home for the last 10 days. We traveled home to Bryant, Arkansas, where David grew up to celebrate generations of the O'Dell family and a certain brown-eyed girl's third birthday. We traveled home to Jonesboro, Arkansas, where David went to college and where some sweet friends married this past weekend. And we traveled home to Marmaduke, Arkansas, where we made our first home together as husband and wife, also where David served on staff as a youth pastor at MFBC. Finally, tonight we traveled home to our residence on Brooks Drive. Believe me, I have lots to share about our journey home, so stay tuned! You are in for quite a ride. For now, we are thankful for yet another safe trip home and a wonderfully, refreshing visit with family and sweet friends.

1 comment:

Cari said...

Can't wait to hear about the car ride home...sounds like its going to be exciting!!! Oh, and might I add what a nice looking 3-column blog you have! :)