Saturday, March 19, 2011

My song.

My children and I spend a lot of time together in the car. Many days our car rides are a lot of fun. We sing, we talk about our day, we talk about life, we pray, we act silly, etc. Some days are rougher than others, as would be expected with a 4, 3, and 2 year old. The mornings are usually more subdued than the afternoons, especially now that the time has changed. One of our favorite things to do in the car is sing and listen to music. I'm not sure when it started, I think with Carter, but the children have claimed a song on the radio or a CD, and there is a constant request for that song. Many times, there is a battle over whose song it really is or whose song we are going to play first, but most days we just enjoy the music together. So, here they are. . .
This is Tilly's favorite song right now. So cute! We have it on a CD, but the other morning it came on the radio and she excitedly shouted, "It's my song, Mommy!" Oh, how I wish you could hear her sing along.


All of the children are big Chris Tomlin fans, or Chris Tomalin, as Summer calls him! Although, it occurred to me the other day that she thought Chris Tomalin was a song rather than a person. We got it straight though. So, this one's for you, Summer!

Carter especially loves Chris Tomlin and sings along to most any song of his that comes on the radio. However, as of late, he seems to have chosen a new song. He calls it "the pencil song." When you listen to it, I think you will see why. Here's your song, Carter.
The children insist on Mommy having a song, too. I love the ones that they love above, and this next one has been one of my favorites for a long time now.
I am sure in the weeks and months to come, our songs will change, but I will never tire of the little voices asking, "Mommy, will you play my song?"

1 comment:

thehollandfamily said...

The girls love love love hold us together and sing it at the top of their longs. Such sweet moments!