Monday, May 20, 2013

Bubble day fun with Summer!

Last week, Summer had her Bubble Day at school, and all week I have been meaning to sit down and finish this post and didn't.  What a week!  We had something fun every day with one or more of the children as they are wrapping up the school year.  My, how fast the year has gone!
This pretty thing will be a Kindergarten graduate in just a couple of days!  Wow! 
David was a rock star last week, helping me to figure out ways to be with each of the children for their special events, many of which specifically asked that no siblings come.  I completely get that, it was Summer's special day, and I was thrilled to spend time with just her, a rare treat in our home.  I kind of like to think she enjoyed the attention, too!
Summer with some of the adorable girlies in her class.  They had such a fun day together!
Here we are getting all the rules before the fun began!
And they're off! 
The first thing they did was the Bubble walk, and this may have been my favorite thing.  They lined up on the Bobcat walk, where the real Bobcats walk before each Varsity sporting event.  Each child had their name called over the loudspeaker, and they walked through a tunnel of bubbles made by their classmates, so cute!
It's almost Summer's turn.  I love how she shyly looked over at me and gave a sweet smile!
Just before this moment, she mouthed to me that she didn't want to do it.  I gently encouraged her that she could!  I have no idea where she gets this not wanting to be in the center of attention stuff, ha!  Definitely not from her daddy!
There she goes!  I was so proud she did it, and I adore that shy little cock of her head as she walked.  So precious, she is. 
Her class quickly assembled to take a group picture in front of the Bubble Day sign. 
There they are, Mrs. Malone's Kindergarten class. 
For the remainder of the morning, each class went from station to station playing on each of the games.  It was such a great day.  The weather could not have been more perfect, warm, but not too hot and not a cloud to be seen in the sky. 
I love her so. 
Twins!  Summer and her friend had on matching suits.  Can you tell ours was from last season, ha!  I think it faded in the pool during our swim lessons.  There are some serious chemicals in the pool. 
Summer's favorite events were the slides that emptied into the pools of water!  She went over . . .
And over . . .
And over again!
The big splashes were the best part!
Last year, I did not get to experience Bubble Day with Carter, so I am especially grateful that I was able to be with Summer on this super fun day.
I loved spending time with her and watching her play with her friends. 
Tuesday, she will graduate from Kindergarten.  This has been such a wonderful year for Summer.  She has thrived in school and has loved meeting new friends.  I have loved having her home with me in the afternoons.  It will be so strange to have two of the children stay at school for the whole day come Fall.  They are just growing up right before our eyes.  We love you, Summer, and are so very proud of you!

No comments: