Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer's Kindergarten Graduation.

Tuesday night, Summer graduated from Kindergarten at PCS.  Miss Kelsey came over to help us with the two littles, so Carter, David and I headed out to watch our favorite 5 year old.  Summer won't be 6 until July, so she is quite young for Kindergarten, but she had a great year!  We are so proud of how well she adjusted to being in "big" school this year! 
It seems like just yesterday Carter was wearing this same cap and gown for his big day!  Doesn't she look just beautiful? 
Me and my Summer girl. 

Daddy with the pretty graduate.  Could she look any more like him if she tried?  I think not!
This is Summer's precious teacher, Mrs. Malone.  Summer told me this week about her teacher:  Mommy, I am ready to be done with Kindergarten, but I don't want to be done with Mrs. Malone!  So sweet!  Mrs. Malone was the perfect teacher for Summer this year, and we could not be more thankful for her if we tried. 
I went with Summer into the cafeteria to get situated with her class while David and Carter saved us a seat.  I had the best time watching Summer with her sweet friends!
Another sweet friend!  Summer is a wee bit taller than this precious one, ha!
This handsome boy came to support Summer.  Carter will be in class next year with a lot of the graduates, since he did T1 this year, rather than first grade.  I took pictures with my big camera, and he was my second shooter with the iPhone, so cute! 
Every student had a part in the program.  Summer's part was during the welcome, and she did great!  We were so proud of her. 
This is where Carter sat and "filmed" most of the program.  It was the cutest thing.  He and Summer love each other so.  Oh, Lord, may it always be the case with them!
We took these two crazy kids out to supper after the ceremony.  It's so strange to be out with our littles in small groups, ha!  We were definitely missing the little bits.  Summer got to choose where to go.  She asked to go to the place where you throw the peanuts on the floor, Logan's.  I think it's so precious she picked that place because that is where David took the girls on their Valentine date!
Cuties!
My love.  Summer took this picture of us.  Not too shabby! 
That may or may not be butter all over her face.  She is her father's child, loving some butter!  Ick! 
Summer, we are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments during this year of Kindergarten.  Your daddy and I are so proud God picked us to be your parents and to allow us to be along for the journey.  We are so excited to see all that He will do in your little life!  One of my favorite songs they sang at the program was:
May the Lord
May the Lord, Mighty God,
Bless and keep you forever. 
Grant you peace, perfect peace,
Courage in every endeavor,
Life your eyes to see His face,
Know His grace forever;
May the Lord, Mighty God,
Bless and keep you forever. 
Summer, we love you to the moon and back a whole bunch of times!

No comments: