Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Spring fair at HSBC.

This past Saturday was our annual spring fair at church.  I have to say, it gets better and better every year!  David was playing in a golf tournament to benefit FCA and didn't finish until lunchtime, and I didn't want to have to make the children wait, so we headed over mid morning.  
Carter loves all things that fly, balloons, planes, kites, helicopters.  So, when he saw the Rescue 7 Helicopter in our parking lot, you can bet he made a beeline for it!  SO cute.  He loved sitting in the seat and learning about how the controllers work.  
Handsome boy!  We agreed this was much cooler than his toy plane at home!
Ever since the fair last year, Summer has talked about the horses, and this week leading up to the fair especially, so she hurried over first thing to hop on and ride.  
Look at the pure excitement on her face, so sweet!  She rode several more times throughout the day.  
Tilly wanted in on the action, too.  
She might have been just as excited as Summer was to ride.  There may be horseback riding lessons in our future!
Can you guess what he is?  It reminds me of Mr. Tumnus from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, ha! He's a deer! 
Face painting was a big hit!  
There were also two live bands, jump houses, games, some of the USM men's basketball team helped to shoot some hoops, Sumo wrestling, food vendors and more.  I had the most delicious chicken philly I've ever put in my mouth!  It was photo worthy, and I didn't even know it! Story spent most of her time with her sweet friend.  I love this picture Mallory's mom took of the two of them, so sweet!  I can't wait to see what fun next year's spring fair will bring.  

No comments: