Saturday, May 11, 2013

Story's 3rd birthday party fun!

I often tell people that I am so thankful that the Lord blessed us with a big family, especially since we live so far away from those we love.  We can easily have a party just the six of us, and that's just what we did to celebrate our sweet three year old.  Tilly and I had Muffins with Mommy yesterday morning (post coming). 
After a little free time on the play ground at CFA, or Fick-Chil-A, as Story and Tilly call it, we met Daddy for lunch to celebrate the birthday girl.  Story and Tilly loved the edamame, so much so that we had to order some more!
Daddy with the birthday girl.  After lunch, David took the girls and picked up Summer from school, so I could finish shopping for this pretty thing.  Tilly had a play date with her friend, Ella, to see the dinosaur exhibit.  I let Summer stay up to help me wrap Story's gifts.  Story took a 3 hour nap!  It sure is hard work turning three.  
By the time naps were over, our favorite big brother had made it home.  We didn't want to open the presents without Tilly, but we did let her open just one.  She was so cute and excited!
We have a beach trip coming up next month, so we got the birthday girl some pink sunglasses and a super cute bathing suit.  She loved them! 
I forgot to get my picture with the birthday girl earlier in the day, when I actually looked presentable from Muffins with Mommy.  Oh well, better sweaty and smiley than not at all, right!
Story received lots of phone calls throughout the day from sweet friends and family members.  I think all of the attention embarrassed her, ha!  Her little cheeks would turn pink, and her little mouth would curve into a bashful smile.  So sweet! 
I picked Tilly up just after suppertime, so she could enjoy some birthday festivities with us.  As we were leaving her friend's house and coming home, the most beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it was actually a double rainbow, so sweet!
The weather was rainy most of the day, so I wasn't able to snap a really great picture of the fab four.  I hope to do that tomorrow after church.  However, I did want to get one at least on Story's birthday.  For just two weeks, our littles will be 3,4,5, and 6!  I love it! 
For dessert, we enjoyed brownies with ice cream (I so wish you could hear Story say this word, so southern) and sprinkles, of course!
I wish this picture were lighter, but I loved her sweet face too much not to post it.  She is looking over at her daddy.  Clearly, she adores him!
After dessert, we let the birthday girl open the rest of her presents.  We got her a baby doll with a stroller and a few other little treats.  She loves to push her babies around the house, and the stroller we have belonged to one of her sisters and was just falling apart.  She was so excited! 
T sent her a new ballerina Barbie with some new Barbie clothes and a cute little pink outfit.  I love her little smile.  I love Carter's expression, too.  He is my favorite to watch at any birthday party during the present opening.  His facial expressions are just the sweetest.  He gets excited over every single one and makes you feel like you gave the best present ever.  I can't wait for him to be the one opening gifts in just a couple of weeks!
Today, we continued our birthday celebration at the splash pad.  For the first little while, we had it all to ourselves. 
I'm so proud I captured this moment!  Love their sweet little faces full of pure delight!  Don't let Carter fool you either, he loves all the attention he gets from his sisters!
And then there's Tilly, playing in her rain boots.  She does her own thing, and I love that about her. 
We got to see Mr. Peacock, strutting his stuff.  Carter and I had a funny conversation.  Me:  Look at him showing off for the girls!  Carter:  Why is he doing that?  Me: Well, that's what boys do!  He thought that was so funny!
 Another birthday celebrated in pure party of six style.  Next up will be Carter's 7th birthday.  Goodness, they are just growing up so very fast!  I sure am loving these moments and trying my hardest to soak up each and every one. 

No comments: