Thursday, May 09, 2013

Field Day!

Thursday, I had the privilege of attending Carter's very first field day with him.  We dropped Summer off at the elementary school, and then we quickly headed over to the high school for the big day.  
One of my favorite parts about this day was being able to watch him from afar interact and have the best time with his school friends.  Occasionally, he would scan the crowd for me and smile that handsome smile of his.  
Carter's first event was the hoola hoop relay.  It was so cute to watch them!  By the time the end their elementary years, they will be pros at these relays! 
I love that handsome face!
Carter and some of his favorite buddies from school.  How cute are they??
And they clearly love each other a whole bunch!
We found this handsome boy in the crowd and convinced him to let us take his picture, too.  
I'm so thankful that Carter's class wore their Bubblin' Joy shirts, as they were so easy to spot in the crowd!
Carter participated in four events for the day.  He did the hoola hoop relay, the over-over relay, the marble relay, and the over-under relay.  His team got first place in the marble relay, where they had to pick up marbles from the pool with their toes!  
They had the most fun in the over-over and over-under relays, mostly because of the wet sponge!
A little blurry, but my favorite picture of the day!  Pure joy on his sweet face!  Carter, I loved attending field day with you and getting to watch you compete and have fun with your friends!  I am so very proud of the young man you are growing up to be.  

No comments: