Sunday, April 11, 2010

Like Father, Like Son

A few posts ago, I bragged on what an awesome husband and daddy we have. You can read about that here if you missed it the first time. Believe me, it's worth reading! Well, he's done it again. This morning, he loaded up our little fella and took him to yet another birthday party. And on the way picked up a gift for the birthday girl and wrapped it. And took some awesome pictures while he was there! Someone give this man a gold star! He deserves it and lots more. Apparently, the rockstardom did not fall far from the tree, because our son is quickly becoming a legend in his own time. Last weekend most of you know he fell from his bed and broke his collar bone. This was our first in the broken bone category, so we had no idea what to expect. Well, our little guy has blown us away with his developing character. Not only has the injury not slowed him down a bit, he does not complain of it, he does not whine about it, he sleeps all night with it, and could care less about the attention and fanfare he is getting from it! His teachers at school have bragged on him all week about his perseverance, and today at the party all the mommies and daddies were so impressed with our little guy. It's hard not to let my mommy pride puff up a bit! I know he didn't get his rockstar nature and high pain tolerance from me, so it must be from his incredible daddy. You know, if Carter turns out to be anything like his dad when he grows up, I will be one thankful mommy!
Getting a little help from the birthday girl with cleaning up after the cake.
Having a good ole time on the dance floor!
Carter with "his girls" as he calls them. These are two of his sweet friends from school - they have been together for the last two years!
I love this picture! They love each other so much!
Leaving with his favorite part of any party!

3 comments:

Cari said...

What a stellar little fella! I have one precious and all-star nephew thats for sure! And he may end up being my only nephew so I hold him very dear in my heart. Can't wait for Lincoln to meet him. Oh, and you know I just couldn't leave this comment without noting that Carter did pick an ORANGE balloon. Love him!!

Anonymous said...

Beatrice loves balloons, too! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. And, awesome, happy post!

Cari said...

Just came back by to see those sweet picture of Carter with those little girls. He is such a doll. Can't wait to see him again!