Thursday, April 22, 2010

We saw Story this week.


This is a profile shot of Story. She has her hands up beside her face.

This is a face shot of Story. We weren't able to get a clear picture of her this time, but it was so sweet to see that she is healthy and ready to be born!

On Thursday, my sweet husband met me at school to take me to the doctor. By the time there are four babies, it is not so bad to make these trips alone because I know what to expect. However, he had an ulterior motive, I think. I mean of course he enjoys being with me and going places with me, but he knew that he would get to see his unborn baby girl. What daddy wouldn't jump at that chance? And see her, we did! It was great! The purpose of this ultra-sound was to check Story's position. You may remember from here that she has been breech for the duration of the pregnancy. Thanks to the not so gentle coaxing (shouts actually) from her brother and sister and prayers of an awesome daddy and some sweet friends, this precious baby girl has turned around and is ready to roll. We are so thankful. In fact, when we went in to meet with our mid-wife after the ultrasound, she said, "Well the baby looks good. Actually, the baby looks really good." What better words could you hope to hear! She went on to tell us that the baby has plenty of fluid, my blood pressure was great, and that she just looks great! Of course we think so, she is ours, but it was nice to hear! We were not surprised to learn that Story is large, measuring already in the 80th percentile, that is kind of small for an O'Dell baby, ha! In fact, the technician measured her head first, and her reply was, "Oh!" We quickly assured her that we have heard this before and just asked her to shoot straight with us. Ignorance can be bliss, but I kind of like to know what I am facing at this point! Labor does not scare me anymore, but the thought of another 10 pounder is a little overwhelming. Right now, it is estimated that she weighs around 7 pounds. Our midwife is thinking she will be close to 9 pounds by the time she is born, which would place her somewhere in between Summer and Tilly as far as sizing goes, not off the chart like her big bro. I am thankful for that! What I am most thankful for is that Story is healthy, she is in a healthy environment, she has turned around, and she has the sweetest brother and sisters ever excitedly waiting to welcome her home! We didn't get a clear profile or face shot today, so here is the sweet picture we got during another ultrasound. Sweet Story, we can't wait to meet you! We love you!

No comments: