Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter supper with what feels like family!

Last night, we had the blessing of going over to a very special home and eating a wonderful meal with a very special family. The home belonging to the now famous in our household, Miss Amy and Miss Erica. The meal consisting of roast, salad, green bean casserole, potatoes, carrots, macaroni and cheese (Scooby Doo style), crescent rolls, not to mention a heavenly dessert. The family who treats us like we are their own: Miss Amy, Miss Erica, Miss Allie, and Mrs. Mackie. Our family so enjoyed this fun and special evening. Holidays can be hard for us because we don't live close to family, and David's job makes it difficult to travel during holidays at times, especially such an important holiday as Easter. Miss Erica is my teaching partner this year at school, and she has been the biggest blessing and answered prayer to me. Miss Amy is her roommate, and my children love love love these girls. Miss Amy and Miss Erica have come over quite a few times to watch the children, so David and I can have some we time. Miss Allie is Miss Erica's sister, and we love her too. Mrs. Mackie would be the mom or the cook behind the whole operation today. She demonstrated such a servant's heart to us while we were there today. I pray when I grow up that I am the kind of mom who invites my children's friends into my home for a delicious meal. I pray that one day David and I have the opportunity to love on another young couple who is trying their best to raise a godly family. I pray that we will make the most of the opportunities that God gives to us to stand in the gap for others. This sweet family invited our party of five to join them for an Easter supper. We were so touched and humbled by the invitation, even more so once we arrived. Carter, Summer, and Tilly had a blast playing with their new Easter baskets, hunting, and decorating eggs. It was such a treat for all of us, and we were so touched by this sweet family's gesture of love. Thank you for loving us as your own and sharing this special season with us. You have ministered to us in a mighty way. Here are some captured moments of our time with this sweet sweet family!
Miss Allie helping Summer to prepare for spelunking!
Carter is ready for the caves!
Getting ready for caving is a big job - Miss Amy was more than willing to show Carter how it's done!
Now, Summer is ready too!
My children had SO much fun with these sweet girls. Few things bless a mommy's heart more than to have others love on your children!
Tilly is never one to miss out on the action.
Carter and Summer proudly displaying their egg creations!
Summer opening her Easter basket, so excited!
My children are spoiled rotten, I tell ya!
Even baby Story got an Easter basket; big sister to be Tilly helped me open it.
Miss Erica with her little buddy.
Handsome Carter.
Sweet Summer - they were both so excited.
What a pretty girl!
Have you ever seen such fun Easter eggs? I expect nothing less than lots of fun when these girls are doing the planning! Thanks for a memorable Easter! We love you!

1 comment:

Cari said...

That is SOO awesome! Love the eggs and the spotlights on their heads!! TOO fun! We love you guys and miss you. Can't wait to spend Easter together one day :)