Friday, April 16, 2010

All my curls are gone!

This past Monday Carter and Summer were out of school for parent teacher conferences, which means they got to spend the day with daddy! All were quite excited about their big day. Part of the day included hair cuts, which were way overdue. I gave David strict instructions about Summer's hair. Both Summer and Tilly have inherited by awesome cowlick, so we cannot have bangs. I have learned this the hard way myself! Side note, Daddy did great with Summer's hair. We are just waiting on it to grow! I never thought I would need to give instructions for Carter's hair. I was thinking a little trim, but boy was I in for a surprise! In fact, when I saw Carter I wanted to cry!! The curls were completely gone, and I think they used a razor on his head, gasp! He looked so grown up and so big , and that just made me so sad. They grow up WAY too fast. I cannot believe my little boy will be FOUR next month, FOUR! Here are some before and after pictures, so you can see for yourself. I think next time I will take him for the hair cut, ha! He really does look so handsome.

Carter Easter weekend after his trip to the ER with his first broken bone.
Carter last weekend getting ready to go to his special friend, Ashley's birthday party.
The next three pictures were taken today. He wanted to take a picture on his toy box with all of his animals. Doesn't he look so grown up? In honor of Uncle Cory, he is sporting a faux hawk today! Not really on purpose though, he went to bed with wet hair last night and this is what we got - I'm hoping it means the curls are not gone forever!
Update on the clavicle, Summer and I took Carter to see Dr. G. yesterday after school. He has to wear the sling and wrap for at least two more weeks. He has a lot of movement in his shoulder and really seems to be tolerating the pain like a champ. He definitely does NOT get this from me! The danger is hurting the bone again, so we are attempting to keep our almost four year old immobile for a few more weeks, no small feat, I tell you! I do have to say again that David and I have been amazed at how he has handled this minor set back. We have been so impressed and thankful for how his little character is developing.

4 comments:

Cari said...

Cory said to tell Carter he can borrow some of his pomade if he wants to stay in the faux hawk club!!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! sorry about the broken arm!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! sorry about the broken arm!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! sorry about the broken arm!