Saturday, April 10, 2010

One month from today!

Well, no more than that anyway, we will be a party of six instead of five, with four beautiful children, instead of three, and our lives will never be the same, I am sure. We can't wait! Our plan (for today - because we all know that babies have a mind of their own) is to induce baby Story on May 10, which will fall on Mother's Day some years, how very special. I can't think of a better Mother's Day gift than to become a mommy again. On Monday, I went in for a check up to see how little miss was doing. Christine (our rockin' midwife) and I were so surprised that I had lost 7 pounds - how does that even happen? It definitely wasn't lost from the tummy! She measured my tummy, and we are right on 34 weeks, which is great. Story's heartbeat was perfect. By the way, is there a sweeter sound that the thump of your unborn baby's heart? I think not! When I had an ultrasound at 29 weeks to check the placenta, we discovered that Story was breech. Many have been praying for this sweet girl to turn. David laid hands on my tummy and prayed for this baby girl, Carter and Summer shouted at her from their perfect heights to "turn around," and my sweet friend at school prayed that Story would begin even now to obey her heavenly Father's voice. I don't know for sure, but I do believe this little one has turned. I feel a foot now where I had not before, just below my rib cage on the right side - the same place where I have felt little feet so many times before. In less than two weeks, we will have another ultrasound just to be sure, so keep praying for this sweet little girl. Turned or not, we pray she is healthy and growing and we can't wait to meet her. She has become a daily part of our conversation. We love you, Story!
Story, in just one month we will welcome you into our family - we are so ready to meet you!
Mommy with Tilly and baby Story, 34 weeks.

We won't be O'Dell party of five much longer! So exciting!
This little one will not be the "baby" of the family any more. I think it's going to rock her world! Sweet Tilly, I pray even today that God is preparing your little heart to be a big sister. You are in for such a treat!
He will become the big brother to yet another sister - I think he is definitely up for the challenge. He is the BEST big brother!
Summer is ready to take on her big sister role a second time. She is such a little mommy already!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yay!! I can't wait to come and visit the 4TH O'DELL BABY in the hospital! I love that I have been able to do this each year!

Heather, your face definitely shows that you have lost some weight! Rock it girl!! You look great!

Cari said...

I can hardly wait to hear the news. I have to say that being on this side of "mommyhood" I have a whole new level of appreciation, excitement and anticipation for that day for you and my new (and 4th!) niece.

Our prayers are with you! Its kinda fun to think that Lincoln is about the age now that Story will be when we get to meet her.

We love you!

O and thats fantastic about loosing weight -- I think I lost 3 or 4 one week at the end and I was pumped!! That definitely makes a pregnant girl feel good :)

Jodi Kendall said...

Heather, this is so exciting. I will also pray about Story and that she'll turn - but so excited for you all as your beautiful family grows!

I hope you are feeling great in this last month and I adore those new pics you've posted. Such an adorable happy fam :)

Love you forever!!!!

thehollandfamily said...

We are anticipating this special day that we will meet Story. We know that God has special plans in store for her. Carter, Summer, and Tilly will be wonderful siblings to her. I can't wait to be an aunt again. We love you and can't wait to meet her.