Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How does your garden grow?

A while back I posted about our garden here. Last weekend, I took some pictures to show how we are progressing. It has been such a fun project for our family; everyone has been involved. Last week, I had a couple of strawberries (my summer favorite), and they have never tasted so good. Tonight, we picked some of the romaine lettuce. I love this on my sandwiches, and we buy the hearts regularly from the grocery store. It will be so nice just to get them from the yard for the next couple of months. In the coming weeks, we plan to plant some tomatoes, okra, squash, cucumbers, celery, and green beans. Can't wait!



Apparently, the garden is not the only thing growing in our backyard. David took our other child to the vet this week for his shots and check up. At 5 months, Hundley already weighs 60 pounds! We sure don't grow them small at our house.

No comments: