Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sweet friends

During our time at the hospital, several of our very sweet friends came to visit and meet the newest member of our family. I tried to capture pictures of each friend, but was not entirely successful. (Sorry, Miss Lisa) However, here are a few special people in our life who came to meet our baby girl. We are so grateful for their love and encouragement! So many other sweet friends called and texted their congratulations, and we are grateful for them as well. Being surrounded by a sweet group of friends and a wonderful family, makes this time all the more precious! We are so blessed!
My sweet friend, Katie. We met at Heiskell, where we both taught. I actually taught all 3 of her children there before she and her family moved to Mississippi. She made a special trip to Atlanta to meet baby Story!
This handsome fella is one of my students at school! Can you believe that he and his mother made a special trip to the hospital to see me and meet Story? How precious!
These two girls have debuted on our blog before - Miss Amy and Miss Erica. We love these girls, and are so thankful to have them in our life!
Miss Erica, my precious teaching partner at Heiskell this year! She is such a great girl and has encouraged me so much in my walk with the Lord.
My sweet Wendy! Isn't she gorgeous? Wendy and I were roommates at UGA for three years. She is like a sister to me, and I love her dearly! Wendy is a mommy of three handsome boys, at least one of whom will marry one of my daughters, I hope!
Sweet Emily has been to the hospital for each of our four children's births. We first met Emily during the Summer of 2004, when we worked FUGE camp at Belmont together. This precious girl is a breath of fresh air and a constant encouragement to us!
And this pretty girl would be Nanette. David and Nanette attended seminary together in New Orleans, and we were all members of Edgewater Baptist Church together. We also worked FUGE camp with Nanette in 2004, at Belmont. Her brother and his wife were delivering their first baby the day after Story, so she popped in to see us. We were so glad to see a familiar face, so refreshing!

No comments: