Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's great to be a Georgia Bulldawg.

David asked me the other day, "When did you start to love football?" You know, I don't really remember a time when I didn't. As a kid, I grew up traveling to Samford Stadium to watch the dawgs play, hanging out at Paulson Stadium watching the Eagles play (during the Erk glory years!), and every Friday night watching the SHS blue devils bring it on Womack Field. When I was in elementary school, Miami was playing in the Super Bowl, and my dad and I stayed up and watched the entire game. He explained every play to me, all the downs, yardage, penalties, you name it. I was hooked. Now, the time has come to pass the love of the game onto our children. Carter, Summer, and Tilly have fully embraced the calling of the dawgs, the spell G.E.O.R.G.I.A cheer, and singing "Glory, Glory to Ole Georgia." Needless to say, our car rides on the way home from school are F.U.N. Carter was able to experience his very first football game the third weekend in September. Picture this. Our little fella dressed in his game day red, proudly holding his daddy's hand, scalping an extra ticket before the game, entering Samford Stadium, and calling the dawgs between the hedges. He told me after the game, "Mommy, I heard a bunch of people call the dawgs really loud!" It was pretty perfect that Carter's first game was UGA v. AR, since David grew up in Arkansas. Sadly, the dawgs fell short this year, for the first time since I have been following my Arkansas boy around the southeastern United States. I guess it was bound to happen sometime, ha!


We can definitely say with sincere confidence, "It's great to be a Georgia Bulldawg!"
Even when the season's not going so great.

No comments: