Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ah, Nola, how we will miss thee.

We made it home safely tonight from New Orleans. What an amazing time we had in the Big Easy. For me, this was my first time to return since we moved, which was before Hurricane Katrina. Nothing could have prepared my heart for the sights. I think the hardest part was that so many things were missing, our favorite Popeye's around the corner from our apartment, where we lived on their special: 2 can dine for $5.99. Also gone were favorite restaurants, a grocery store, a school where I taught, so many homes, and tons of trees. All of which hold special memories for David and me of our time there. However, so much of New Orleans is still the same, and that makes my heart happy. Tonight, at supper we were reflecting on our time there. We asked the children what was their favorite part. Carter said, "The place where we got the doughnuts. And the city, Mommy, I love the city like you." Summer said, "The place where we slept." What is it with children and hotels? Tilly said, "The Bible." Ah, good ole pk! So, over the next few days, I will reflect on our time there, on a city we love so much.

1 comment:

The Riddle's said...

Ha ha! My kids love hotels too! Glad you had such a great time!