Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Garden Elf?

I have posted several times about our garden this year. It has been such a fun project for David and the children. Truthfully, I have not done much with it, except enjoy the harvest. I guess I should give myself credit for that, ha! This past Saturday morning David comes in from the garden (he goes out there probably 5-6 times per day to see if something is ready) and tells me to bring the camera. Carter and Summer were awake, so they wanted in on the action too. A few weeks ago, David decided to plant some watermelon. It is one of our most favorite fruits, and what is summer without watermelon and strawberries anyway? This is what we found when we got to the garden . . .
Now remember that it was only a few weeks ago that we planted our watermelons. Being the very gullible one that I am, I said, "When did that happen?" David just loves me the way that I am and gave me a bless your heart look! Carter was ecstatic! He (and I) thought our watermelons had grown at warp speed! We enjoyed the fruit from our harvest last night with our supper. Thank you, garden elf for brightening a little one's day!
Summer all dressed up in her nightgown and boots ready to check out the garden!
Carter was SOOOO excited!
Apparently, we have more than one garden elf. We found this precious sign in our garden about a month ago. Isn't that sweet? Somebody is at least rooting for us to do well this season! Wonder what we will find next? As long as it is not some type of furry creature, I think I can handle it!

No comments: