Sunday, June 06, 2010

A welcome visit

So. . .I have been pretty much holed up in our home since Story was born, with the exception of 4 outings. No complaints here. I am loving being at home with our new babe, and I am loving spending so much time with Carter, Summer, and Tilly. But, you knew it was coming, I miss my girlfriends, and I miss adult conversation, badly. There is no time to talk on the phone or the free hands to do so if I had the time, ha! I even miss driving. I have only driven twice in the last month. Hopefully it is like riding a bike and you cannot forget how, right? Again, no complaints, but I was all over it when my sweet friend, Shannon, texted me (thank goodness for texting) to see if "they" could stop by to meet Story on Saturday. I was not sure who "they" was going to be, but I knew it would be great! I was not disappointed. When I opened my door, three sweet and refreshing faces greeted me with open arms, and I could not have been happier to see these precious girls! They even brought queso from Willys. The day just kept getting better and better! I am so thankful for these sweet girls. Thank you for coming to meet Story, and for visiting with her mommy! It was wonderful! In fact, as they were pulling out of the driveway, Carter said, "I really miss them, Mommy." Me too, buddy!
Shannon with little Miss Story! Shannon and I have worked together at Heiskell for the last 5 years. The thing I love about her most is she keeps me straight! I could write for hours about that too!
Shelly (I was most surprised to see her, and it had been way too long) and I worked together for two years at Heiskell. We had so much fun working together. She is now in Athens (one of my favorite places in the whole wide world) working on her PhD. She is smart like that! I am so excited to welcome her into the world of UGA graduates!

Mary Elizabeth (aka Emmie) with Story. We, too, have worked together for the last few years. She is a sweet, sweet friend and I am so thankful for her!
Everyone wanted their picture made with Miss Shelly. Carter, Shelly and Story.
Summer wanted a turn with Miss Shelly too!
Tilly has a thing about shoes. That's a whole post in and of itself that we can save for another day, but here is my sweet thing wearing her big sister's shoes. Tilly thoroughly entertained us all today. My favorite thing she does right now is say the word, "banana." Please make sure you ask her to say it the next time you see her. You won't be sorry, I promise!

No comments: