Monday, June 28, 2010

A friend loves at all times

Do you have a friend like this? I have several dear friends who are just so very precious to me, and I could not imagine life without them. They make everything more fun and special just by being there, you know? Destinee is one of them. She and her family moved to the 'boro when we were in 6th and 7th grades, I believe. They joined our church, and we have been inseparable ever since! Well, almost anyway. There were those years she moved away to college and then I moved away to college, but we always kept in touch, always! I have so many memories with this sweet girl; she probably remembers way more than I do though, this girl has a memory like no other. We experienced so many firsts together: learning to drive, proms, boyfriends, road trips, airplane rides (for me), wild animals inside apartments, the list goes on and on. Lucky for me, Destinee and her adorable husband, Jeremy, (who is just perfect for her in every way - isn't it neat how God works to put people together; I feel the same way about David - he is perfect for me in every way!) moved to Atlanta a few years ago, so we are not only in the same state, but the same city too! The only downfall is that I don't get to see her as much as I would like to. However, this past weekend we remedied that. Jeremy and Destinee drove cross country from Dacula to Austell to meet the newest member of the O'Dell family. What fun! It was truly refreshing for my soul; good friends do that for you, you know? I hope it's not so long until I see my sweet friend again. In the meantime, thank goodness for facebook and emails! We love you, Destinee and Jeremy! Come back soon!
Destinee meeting Story
Girly girl, Summer, had to get in on the picture taking too!
I love how Story is looking up at me in this picture! I think she likes me!
Tilly was smitten, I mean smitten with Jeremy! She could not get enough. He was such a good sport to play with her and flip her and let her crawl all over him. Here is Tilly "showing you her smile" with her newest buddy!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Story has changed SO much! I need to come and see you all very soon before she graduates from high school! And Tilly looks like Summer in that last picture! I love you and your family!