Friday, June 25, 2010

You been farming long?

This precious picture hangs in my grandparents' home, has for as long as I can remember. I think this picture is precious, and it reminds me of home. David gave it to me our first Christmas together as husband and wife. Today, it hangs in his office at the church. I grew up in Southeast Georgia on the north end of Bulloch County, on a farm if 250 acres of pine trees counts as a farm. In fact, my grandmother still owns a good deal of property in Bulloch County. My grandfather was a farmer, and all of my uncles are farmers. Come to think of it, when I was younger, my grandparents had two chicken houses, with about 50,000 chickens. In the summers, my sister and I would help pick up eggs. I don't know if to this day I have smelled anything worse than chicken houses. Thankfully, it did not dissuade my love for the gospel bird! Today, Carter and Summer got to experience a little farming, and I was so sad not to have my camera handy. We have been going swimming lots at a sweet friend's pool; there is actually a post scheduled to appear soon on this very topic. Today, when we got to the pool, Miss Pat was taking a break from the bush hog. Not long after we arrived, she decided to hit it again, and . . .she gave Carter and Summer a ride. They loved it! My papa would have been so proud!

No comments: